Research and Educational Planning Organization of Education Ministry of Islamic Republic of Iran organizes:
ROSHD International Scientific and Educational Film Festival,
The oldest festival in the Middle East & one of the oldest in Asia
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC AND EDUCATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
16 to 23 November 2018, Tehran, Iran
Rules and Regulations
1. The International Competition section of the festival will be held in 4 categories:
A: Documentaries, in general,
B: Scientific and educational documentaries,
C: Short and feature length fiction films,
D: Short and feature length animations. 2. An International panel, including 3 Iranian and foreign jurors will judge the films and grant awards to the selected films. 3. ONLY films produced after January 2016 are eligible for submission.
4. Films with scientific, educational and pedagogic contents are most welcomed in the festival. 5. There is no limitation of entries for individuals, organizations and institutes.
6. Each entry should be registered separately.
7. Films could be submitted on MP4 (H.264) and Full HD. Films that lack the technical standards of the festival will not be accepted. 8. All submissions must contain the following: A duly completed online Entry Form. Uploaded copy of the film.
9. All the entries should be submitted with on-screen English subtitle.
10. Once the film is accepted in the competition section and the copy has been reached the festival, it is not possible to withdraw it. 11. Submission through the website is regarded as full acceptance of all festival rules and regulations.
12. Entries will be screened in the Tehran, the main venue of the festival, as well as in some other cities.
13. Participants must submit via the festival′s website, www.festival.roshd.ir ONLY. Please bear in mind that only films with submission code will be accepted by the secretariat of the festival. 14. Producers, distributors or any other subjects’ responsibility to guarantee that they are authorized to submit the films to 48th ROSHD Film Festival. All the entry forms should include the electronic signature of the authorized person. 15. All films screened in the Festival will receive electronic certificates of participation. 16. These regulations has been drawn up in both Persian and English languages. If problems of interpretation should arise, the Persian version will prevail. In case of any dispute regarding the interpretation of rules and regulations, secretary of the festival has the right to settle.
Deadline for submission The films must be submitted to the secretariat of the festival no later than September 23, 2018. The submission days won’t be extended.
In each section, three prizes will be awarded to the best works selected by the panel of jurors.
A: The Best Film: Gold Statue of the Festival, along with a cash prize.
B: Second Selected Film: Silver Statue of the Festival, along with a cash prize
C: Third Selected Film: Diploma of Honor, along with a cash prize D: In addition to the above mentioned awards, the panel of jurors could grant special awards (Golden Statue with a cash prize) to prominent works in each section.
E: Iranian and International organizations and institutions could also judge the entries and give prizes to their selected films.
48th ROSHD International Scientific and Educational Film Festival Address: The secretariat of Roshd Film Festival, No. 270, iranshahr-e shomaali St, Tehran 1584747359, Iran E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.festival.roshd.ir
Roshd International Film Festival Call for Entries